Association of Educational Psychologists
Communications and Senior Support Officer
NJC equivalent points 25-27 (April 2019) £28,785-£30,507 (+ LLA)
35 hours per week
The AEP is a small, specialist trade union and professional association educational psychologists whose members are predominantly employed within the public sector and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
This is a new post, which will be appointed initially for a temporary 12-month period but may be extended for 3 years/until the end of the General Secretary’s term of office.
The post will be based in Clapham (close to Clapham North underground station) although some travel and overnight stays will be required.
Usual working pattern will be Mon –Friday (9-5) with 6 Saturdays per year (TOIL given for these)
- To work with others to develop, support and maintain an effective external AEP presence via the website and other media.
- To provide professional and administrative support to the General Secretary (GS) and all AEP activities within London.
- To support the effective functioning of the AEP’s National Executive Committee (NEC).
- Strong experience in content creation for digital and social media
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of and competent with range of software for preparing reports, presentations, publications etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritise competing work pressures and work as part of a team
- Previous experience in providing support to senior officers within an organisation
- Educated to degree level
- Awareness of current political and trade union issues
- Good understanding of current children’s/educational policy
- Experience of operating/working within a trade union/professional association/third sector context
- Undertake any training as required
Closing date for applications: March 27th 2019
Likely interview dates: April 15th/16th/17th
Job Description & Person Specification
The AEP's employer privacy notice
For any further information and application form please contact Lynn Flowers 0191 384 9512 email@example.com