Wales TUC is inviting Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) workers to share their experiences of the Welsh workplace during the coronavirus crisis.
Wales TUC has developed this survey in response to worrying reports from BME union members sharing instances of discrimination, including:
- being singled out for dangerous or difficult work
- having no access to adequate PPE
- being overlooked for furlough despite having health conditions
- being targeted when hours or jobs are being cut
- enduring racial abuse by colleagues or customers
- being given fewer opportunities to progress
- not being paid fairly
BME workers often don’t feel able to raise these issues with their employers, fearing more victimisation.
Wales TUC want to support BME workers and make workplaces in Wales fair.
They are asking workers in Wales to share their experiences of the Welsh workplace and to suggest what changes are needed. They have produced a survey for BME workers to share their experiences. It can be found here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/raceworkplace
Help Wales TUC make workplaces in Wales fair for all workers.