The AEP the only trade union and professional association in the UK organised exclusively for and by Educational Psychologists. In its dual role as a trade union and professional body, the organisation offers support to members in regard to relations with employers, as well as providing professional and training services.
In the workplace…
- We work to improve pay and working conditions of members within, and promote members’ interests with employers.
- Aim to establish good relations between members and their employers.
- To provide advice, assistance and protection to members in matters affecting their professional and employment interests, and to settle disputes arising from members’ employment
- To protect the rights of members and promote equality within the profession.
- To promote the training of educational psychologists; ensuring a high standard of qualifications for entry to the profession, to raise the status of the profession and to ensure good and consistent training of educational psychologists.
Services to Members
- Organise and sponsor courses relevant to the practice of educational psychology.
- The production of a quarterly professional journal, Educational Psychology in Practice.
- Secure legal advice and assistance to members in legal and regulatory cases arising out of or in the course of their professional life.
- To provide an indemnity (so far as may be lawful) to employees, office holders and trustees of the Association whilst engaged in Association Business.